View Episode Transcript
In episode 72, Erik and Kerel have an in-depth conversation with Christian Borges, SVP of Marketing at true[X]. Great conversation with Christian covering his experiences as a Haitian-American, career journey, parenting, and much more including why he takes an "all hands on deck" approach to marketing and DEI initiatives.
Listen to hear detailed thoughts from Christian:
- Family background and identity: The history and struggles of Haiti and how he carries his Haitian background as part of his identity.
- Being black in America: viewing America through the unique lens of being black.
- Howard University: how his college experience shaped his social views and activism efforts.
- Career Journey: began his career working in public relations in a small agency. The value of working at a small agency afforded him the ability to learn as much as possible because he was involved in everything.
- Mentorship: Christian is proud to be a source of information, experience, and guidance for others.
- Be sure to check out his book recommendation: It Was All a Lie: How the Republican Party Became Donald Trump by Stuart Stevens