In this episode, we speak with Belinda Smith, Marketing and Diversity Activist. We cover Belinda's family background, career journey, the important social responsibility of brands, and much more.
Listen to hear detailed thoughts from Belinda on:
- What it means to grow up with pro-black parents in all-white spaces.
- Parenting by confronting her own fears.
- The need for transparency into who brands truly are.
- How the adtech industry can improve DEI.
- The importance of diverse decision-makers, not just a diverse" workforce.
- Dealing with discrimination and why everyone should really understand the term gaslighting.
- A Really interesting perspective on "mentors".
- Check out her book recommendation: Citizen, An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine